My Family

My Family

Sunday, July 20, 2014

AgriPOWER Class VI

I have been selected for Class VI of the Ohio Farm Bureau's AgriPOWER program.  I am so excited!  I just returned home from our first session, and I am amazed by what I have learned about myself and my fellow classmates.  From learning about our leadership styles and personality types to an etiquette class and a tour of Columbus' North Market, our first session was very information packed!

So, while everything is still fresh in my mind, I thought I would think about what I would like to gain from my AgriPOWER experience.  I hope that I can become a better leader both in my agriculture community and the world community in general.  I hope to gain insight on how to better communicate my opinions to those around me.  And, I hope I can become a better listener.  I know that I need to be a listener if I am to learn anything.

I would also like to better understand American agriculture.  There are many types of farmers in the US.  Not every one fits the stereotype of "Old MacDonald" in bib-overalls.  When I stop and think about American Agriculture, I cannot help but feel great pride that I can consider myself to be a farmer. But, I know that there is a lot I do not know about this industry.  What a better place to learn than in a very diversified class of Ohio farmers!

Thank you, Ohio Farm Bureau and Madison County Farm Bureau for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment