My Family

My Family

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sleepy in Chuckery


A late night storm rolling across the Darby Plains
I love to listen to storms roll in. I like the rumble of the thunder in the distance. I think lightning is beautiful when it lights up the night sky. But, I draw the line at wind. However, that is another story for another day.

Last night I knew I would probably be up around 1. I have been getting up regularly for the past week with little Stephenie as she struggles through cutting teeth. But, I was suprised at 2 when I found Dennis wandering around the house. He was unable to sleep and decided to play games on his iPad, while in bed. I had finally convinced him to put on ear phones when the storm hit at 2:30.

With a crash, thunder shook the house and lightning lit the darkened houese. I snuggled under my John Deere blanket, yearning to be back in dream land. And, then I heard Madeline and Julie yelling from their upstairs bedroom that they could not sleep.

I finally had everyone downstairs and situated by about 3:15. Everyone had gone to the bathroom. Everyone had their favorite cups on the table with water. Favorite blankets had been distributed. And, I decided to go back to bed. I climbed into bed and found Dennis sound asleep and snoring LOUDLY. I knew then and there my long night was not over.

So, dear world, I am now very Sleepy in Chuckery. Hopefully I will be able to get some rest tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment