My Family

My Family

Thursday, August 21, 2014

And, Just Like that, Summer Break was Over. . .

School is in session.  And, I have mixed feelings about that.  I am not sad, I did not cry when I left my third daughter in her kindergarten class today.  Being down this road a couple of times before, I knew that this would not get me teary eyed and emotional.  But, I am wavering between regret and relief.  I am relived the summer is over.  We did not spend time in a hospital.  And, we had a good and fun-filled summer.  Yet, there is a twinge of regret.  There was no special summer trip for my girls.  We used our vacation time to go to fairs.  This is how I grew up, and I am not sure I can imagine how it would be to take a trip away during the summer.  But, still I wonder. . . do my girls feel that they had a fun summer?    It might be years before we have that conversation.  I just hope that they are enjoying farm life as much as I do.  Until then, here are a few pictures of the first day of school - 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment