My Family

My Family

Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Sunday Morning Mini-Vacations

My family goes to church every Sunday.  We have made our faith in God the top priority of our family.  Our girls have never asked to stay home on a Sunday morning, no matter how tired they are.  

My girls also enjoy Sunday School.  They love their teachers, they love the lessons that are taught, and the love their classmates.  I usually go to an adult Bible Study class, but on occasion, I sneak off the the sanctuary.  There, I sit and enjoy an hour of time with God and my thoughts.  Sometimes I might read the pew Bible.  Sometimes a friend or two will follow me to the sanctuary and we will visit over the Sunday School hour.  And, other times I find myself sitting in my pew, sipping on my coffee and enjoying a few minutes of solitude. 

No matter what I do during this Sunday morning hour, I always find myself refreshed.  I might go to the sanctuary with the weight of the world on my shoulders as I think about all I need to do for my family in the upcoming week.  But I always leave refreshed by my time alone with God.  Psalm 46:10 (ESV) says, "Be still and know that I am God."  It is in these moments that God helps me to sort out my life.  So, I have decided to call these moments my Sunday morning mini-vacations!  I hope that you, too find time to recharge your soul each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment